Common nebulizer problems come from using the incorrect water type. To atonomize the water the nebulizer requires ONLY BOTTLED SPRING WATER (no distilled or tap water).
Nebulizer Use Instructions:
- Use ONLY BOTTLED SPRING WATER (no distilled or tap) or the unit may become damaged
- Charge 3-4 hours prior to initial use
- Do not charge unit with water in tank
- Do not operate unit without water in tank
- Empty water tank daily
- On/Off button will be lit blue when turned on, if blue light is blinking there is not enough water in the tank.
- On/Off button will be lite red when in need of charging
- On/Off button will blink green when charging
- Hold unit approximately 5 inches from lashes for 30 seconds in order to instantly cure adhesive.
- If no vapor is noticed after turning on, turn the unit off, remove the cap and reservoir from the unit and reinstall cap/reservoir back on to unit using the instructions below. Also verify that the unit is completely charged and filled with bottled spring water.
- To reset the nebulizer (if the unit continues to blink or disperse small puffs of mist): while the light is blinking, hold the button down for 15 straight seconds.
- Please note, the output from a nebulizer will be very different from a nanomister. There should be only vapor, not a spray/mist
To fill with water:
- Remove dome clear cap
- Pinch white tabs on side of reservoir and lift from unit
- Open the lid to the reservoir
- Insert BOTTLED SPRING WATER to the fill line
- Close lid and lid clasp
- Place reservoir back on unit (give a little wiggle to make sure it is secure)
- Place dome clear cap on over reservoir and back on unit